Other Resources



ALANON – Information Services of the Delaware Valley for Alanon and Alateen meetings.  For families of loved ones who have an alcohol addiction problem.




Because I Love You (BILY) - Parent support group – 215-576-5216


CHADD – Children with Attention Deficit Disorder – 1-800-233-4050



Domestic Violence Support Group – 215-481-2576


Montgomery County Association for Retarded Citizens – 610-625-4700



National Alliance for the Mentally Ill (NAMI) – 267-251-6240

This organization advocates for the access to services, treatment, supports and research.  They offer free education about mental health issues and provide advocacy and support group programs free.



Parent Involved Network of Montgomery County (PIN) – 610-279-8511

A parent run network for families of children and adolescents with emotional and behavioral disorders.  Support is provided through advocacy, information and referral.


The Center for Parenting Education at Abington Hospital – 215-657-5720

Abington Hospital provides a place for parents to learn and practice essential skills need for healthy parenting in today’s world.


Women’s Center of Montgomery County – 1-800-773-2424

This is a community organization with focus on freedom from domestic violence

and other forms of abuse.



Special Kids Network – 1-800-986-4550

Special Kids Network is an independent non profit organization that was created to provide funding for programs that help children and young adults with special needs.


ACLAMO – in Norristown – 610-277-2570

Aclamo Family Center provides access to economic, educational, health, social and cultural opportunities for low income individuals in Montgomery County especially those of Spanish speaking heritage.





Montgomery County Office of Children and Youth Services – 610-278-5800



Montgomery County Health Department – 610-278-5117

Public health Department operate clinics that provide immunizations, testing for childhood lead poisoning, HIV, sexually transmitted diseases (STD) and tuberculosis (TB), and treatment for STD and TB. Additional services provide breast and cervical cancer screenings, home visits for pregnant and new moms, car seat safety checks, and educational programs.


Willow Grove Public Health Center – 215-784-5415

Provides Immunization clinics, TB Screening and Lead Screening


Montgomery County Department of Drug and Alcohol – 610-278-3642


State Senator’s Office – Sen. Steward Greenleaf – 215-657-7700


State Representative – Rep. Tom Murt – 215-674-3755




Child Abuse Hotline – 1-800-932-0313


Domestic Violence – 1 800-642-3150



Elder Abuse – 1-800-734-2020


Victims Services Center of Montgomery

24 hour crisis Hotline -1-888-521-0983

Sexual Assault Victims -610-277-5200


Laurel House Hotline

Laurel House services are available to male and female victims of abuse and their children. If you are in an unsafe situation because of domestic violence or if you would like to speak with a counselor about available services, please call our Hotline at 1-800-642-3150.




NineLine – 800-999-9999

Helps parents with problems with their children and provides referrals for parents re: drugs, homelessness and runaways.



National Runaway Switchboard - 800-448-4663



National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 800-273-8255



Connect – 800-629-7288

Special education concerns, parent and student rights and early intervention.


Healthy Kids Helpline – 800-986-5437

Statewide healthy kid’s helpline.  Refers caller to programs that offer free or low cost healthcare services, based on income guidelines.




Montgomery County Head Start

Montgomery County Head Start is a federally funded, family focused and community oriented program meeting the social, emotional, health, and nutritional needs of income eligible children aged 3-5 years old. We provide a comprehensive, developmentally appropriate early childhood program that enables and empowers families to become their own advocates.

Contact:  610-239-6662


Child Care Information Services – 610-278-3707

Resource and referral information on Subsidized Child Care - call 800-281-1116 

Application for Subsidized Child Care


Child Care Works – 877-472-5437

Parents get information about how to select a child care situation to fit family needs.