Health Resources



CHIP – Pennsylvania Program to provide health insurance to uninsured children and teens that are not eligible or enrolled in Medical Assistance.


application for Chip and Medical Assistance for Children with Disabilities


Montgomery County Assistance Office -610-270-3500

Fuel assistance, food stamps, medical assistance, and cash assistance



Children who have disabilities, maybe eligible for medical assistance based upon their disability rather than their income.  See application for Medical Assistance for Children with Disabilities.





Children’s Crisis Support Hotline – 1-888-HELP-414

The Children’s Crisis Support Program offers crisis hotline support 24/7 to children and adolescents in Montgomery County. The purpose of the program is to help children and families manage crisis successfully through individualized crisis response and planning.


Aldersgate Youth Service Bureau – 215-657-4545  
Aldersgate Youth Services support individual, family, and marital counseling success – with a strong emphasis on working with children, adolescents, families, and couples – focusing on developing stronger self-esteem, improving communication and conflict resolution skills, and maximizing positive peer and family relationships.

Brooke Glen Behavioral Hospital – Fort Washington – 800-256-5300

Brooke Glen Behavioral Hospital offers inpatient mental health services designed to meet the unique needs of children, adolescents and adults.


Creekwood Center – 215-481-5450

Outpatient counseling services/county funding/case management

Horsham Clinic – 215-643-7800

Provides inpatient services and partial hospitalization services for children and adolescents.


Foundations Behavioral Health – 215-345-0444

Provides mental health and crisis services thru in-patient and partial hospitalization facilities for children and adolescents.


Renfrew Center -877-367-3383

Renfrew offers intensive outpatient and inpatient treatment specializing in the treatment of eating disorders.


AA/BA – American Anorexia and Bulimia Association

The website has a listing of therapists in the area who specialize in eating disorders.  


Eating Disorder Referral and Information Center   - Listing of therapists in the area who specialize in eating disorders.


Safe Harbor- 215-481-5983

Ongoing grief support groups for children, teens, young adults and their parents.  Safe Harbor has a summer camp called Camp Charlie for children who are grieving.



Al-ANON – 800-356-9996

The Al-Anon Family Groups are a fellowship of relatives and friends of alcoholics who share their experience, strength, and hope in order to solve their common problems. Al-Anon believes alcoholism is a family illness and that changed attitudes can aid recovery.


ALATEEN – 888-425-2666

Alateen, a vital part of the Al-Anon Family Groups, is for younger members seeking help while walking through life with an alcoholic parent, other close relative or friend. Teens meet to share their experience, strength and hope, gaining a better understanding of the disease of alcoholism and themselves. 


Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) – of Southeastern Pennsylvania – 215-923-7900

What Is A.A.?

1.    Alcoholics Anonymous is an international fellowship of men and women who have had a drinking problem.

2.    It is nonprofessional, self-supporting, multiracial, apolitical, and available almost everywhere.

3.    There are no age or education requirements.

4.    Membership is open to anyone who wants to do something about his or her drinking problem.

5.    Singleness of Purpose and Problems Other Than Alcohol


Alcohol, Drug Abuse Helpline/referrals – 800-234-0420


PROACT – Advocacy and Education – 800-221-6333


Cocaine Helpline – 800-cocaine


Narcotics Anonymous – 215-440-8400


If you have a problem with drugs or you are questioning whether or not you are an addict, please attend one of our meetings so you can hear other peoples experience with addiction and recovery.


Naranon -800-678-4989

What help is available for family members and friends for coping with their continued drug use or even their recovery? This is where NAR-ANON comes in. NAR-ANON is designed for us---the parent, spouse, child, brother, sister or friend of the user. NAR-ANON can bring new insight about our attitudes, behavior and emotions. It can be the source for regaining our own sanity and well being. We learn that addiction is a family disease and we need recovery too.


Abington Case Management – Drug and Alcohol Case management – 251-830-8966


Aldersgate Youth Bureau – 215-657-4545

Offers 6 free sessions of drug and alcohol treatment for qualified individuals thru county funding.  Call the agency to see if you meet the criteria.


Rehab After School – 610-644-6464 Jenkintown

A Drug and Alcohol outpatient treatment program for adolescents.


Livingrin – 215-540-8301 – in Fort Washington

A Drug and Alcohol Addiction Treatment and Rehab Center.





Abington Ambulatory Services Clinic Abington – 215-481-2180


Abington Dental Clinic – 215-481-2193


North Hills Health Center

North Hills Community Center

212 Girard Avenue, North Hills



Abington OB/GYN Center

Abington Memorial Hospital



Visiting Nurses Association

Health Care for Uninsured and Underinsured Children



Minute Clinic at CVS Pharmacy in Jenkintown – 215-886-2923

Minute Clinic walk-in medical clinics are staffed by nurse practitioners and physician assistants who provide treatment for common family illnesses and injuries, administer vaccinations, conduct physicals and wellness screenings, and offer monitoring for chronic conditions.


Montgomery County Health Department – 610-278-5117

Public health Department operate clinics that provide immunizations, testing for childhood lead poisoning, HIV, sexually transmitted diseases (STD) and tuberculosis (TB), and treatment for STD and TB. Additional services provide breast and cervical cancer screenings, home visits for pregnant and new moms, car seat safety checks, and educational programs.


Willow Grove Public Health Center – 215-784-5415

Provides Immunization clinics, TB Screening and Lead Screening.


Healthy Kids Helpline – 800-986-5437

Statewide healthy kid’s helpline.  Refers caller to programs that offer free or low cost healthcare services, based on income guidelines.