GLOBALIZATIONAs we move into a more modern era of our study, we will look at the many different facets of our curriculum - industrialization, nationalism, imperialism, and even totalitarianism - and mesh them together with today's world...things that impact us all everyday!!!! Don't believe me? Who influences gas prices globally? Why might the United States feel it is our "duty" to help and influence, say, Haiti after an earthquake, or perhaps Libyan protestors amidst a revolt? Are all American companies operating and located in America? Why must you report to the airport many hours in advance? Why not book a trip to North Korea, or Cuba? I am sure they would be great places to visit!
Our four themes, as addressed above, are impacting our lives today...and many of our deepest economic issues uproot themselves from the depths of international arenas.
What is globalization and what is meant by a global economy?
In what ways are countries around the world interdependent?
- What factors have caused globalization and international economies to be intertwined together?
- What economic, cultural and political impact has globalization had in our world, both positively and negatively?
- What is the relationship between American markets and global markets?
- What is outsourcing and how does it facilitate a global economy?
- How do international treaties and organizations make global trade possible?