Upper Moreland Middle School
4000 Orangemans Road
Hatboro, PA 19040
Welcome to the UMMS School Counseling Webpages!
Please visit our Google site by clicking "here" for additional information and resourcesOur offices are located at the end of the 6th-grade hallway, near the library. Students are encouraged to seek out their School Counselor for assistance and support. As you navigate through these webpages, we hope you are able to access an assortment of resources made available for both students and parents. Visit regularly to receive updates about counselor's ongoing activities with students. Feel free to contact your child's School Counselor with concerns about your child's social and emotional well being. If your child is struggling academically, contact your child's teachers. They can provide pertinent information about your child's academic performance. We hope the information provided is useful and relevant to your needs. We are excited to take this journey with you as your children travel through their Middle School years!
CONTACT US!Mr. HauptLastname (A-K)Grade 6-8215-706-3789Mrs. HaneyLastname (L-Z)Grade 6-8215-706-3788
firstname.lastname@example.orgMrs. GrivjackGuidance Secretary215-706-3790UMMS School Counseling Program Mission StatementThe mission of the Upper Moreland Middle School Counseling Department is to provide a comprehensive program that addresses the academic, career, and social/personal development of all students. In partnership with parents, teachers, administrators, students, and the community, we strive to help students develop and demonstrate their talents and abilities to attain excellence. Through education, prevention, and intervention strategies, we encourage each student to reach their full potential and become successful members of society.UMMS School Counseling Program Philosophy Statement
The Upper Moreland Middle School Counselors believe that students have the right to:
- Have someone they trust to listen to and support them
- Learn in a physically and emotionally safe environment
- Develop the skills needed to achieve academic success to the best of their ability
- Discover and develop their unique skills and talents
- Receive assistance in planning for their future
- Become empowered to solve their own problems using effective decision making and coping skills
- Improve their peer relationships by developing communication, conflict resolution, and other social skills
Last Modified on January 3, 2023