Dear Upper Moreland Students and Families,
Under specific guidelines developed by the Pennsylvania Department of Health and the Montgomery County Office of Public Health, Upper Moreland will be allowing home spectators at events at a 10% occupancy rate. The Montgomery County Office of Public Health must first approve of doing such via a waiver submitted by the Assistant Principal/Athletic Director of UMHS. Please note, this 10 % occupancy rate authorization includes the student-athletes, coaches, and officials attending the event.
With our currently revised guidelines and waiver authorization from the Montgomery County Office of Public Health, it is critical to understand upfront that there will be some athletic events that will not include spectators. Spectators from the away team will not be permitted to attend Upper Moreland High School games for the entire winter season or any other Suburban One League school competition this winter.
The process we will implement to ensure each family has an opportunity to see their son or daughter participate in winter sports includes the following:
- Each coach will communicate with the student-athletes and their parents two days before the home athletic event about permission to attend the home event.
- Once the UM coach affirmed permission to attend the athletic event, each family will be given three laminated tickets to bring with them to each game to participate as a spectator at Upper Moreland High School.
- Spectators will still be required to pay the admission fee of $5.00 for an adult and $2.00 for a student upon entering an athletic event at UMHS.
Please remember the following requirements are in place for all athletic events at Upper Moreland School District:
- Spectators are expected to check their symptoms for COVID-19 and their temperatures before coming to an athletic event.
- If you are not feeling well, stay home.
- All spectators will sign in upon arrival at the HS for contact tracing purposes.
- Masks must be worn at all times inside the HS.
- Please maintain a social distance in the stands at all times.
- Use the hand sanitizer stations located at the entrance of the facility to ensure good hygiene.
- Do not assemble at the beginning or the end of any athletic contest.
- Good sportsmanship for our athletic teams, the opponents, and officials is expected at Upper Moreland High School.
Thank you in advance for working with us to ensure that we provide a safe venue for our student-athletes to participate in the athletic program during the winter season. Your continued support is much appreciated. Go Bears!
HS Assistant Principal - 6/12 Athletic Director
Upper Moreland High School
215-830-1511 EXT 2003