Dear Upper Moreland Families,
Upper Moreland Middle School and High School families that attend any athletic event or school-sponsored activity are expected to be positive role models for our students and student-athletes at all times. At no time should anyone at an Upper Moreland sponsored or district-sponsored activity engage in the following:
- Speak to an official in a negative manner
- Speak to an opposing player
- Speak to an opposing coach
- Speak negatively to an Upper Moreland coach
- Speak negatively to an Upper Moreland student or student-athlete
- Speak to opposing fans in a negative manner
- Speak to any workers, teachers, or administrators in a negative manner
- Spectators may not be on the field of play, only certified press, coaches, referees, students, and school district personnel will be allowed on the field
Upper Moreland is part of the Suburban One League, under the direction of the Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic League (PIAA). Below is a statement directly from the Suburban One:
“The Suburban One League promotes good sportsmanship by student-athletes, coaches, and spectators. We request your cooperation by supporting the participants and officials in a positive manner. Profanity, racial or sexist comments, or other intimidating actions at officials, student-athletes, or team representatives will not be tolerated. Individuals making such remarks may be removed from the site of competition. Also, consumption or possession of alcoholic beverages and the use of artificial noisemakers are prohibited.”
If the stated expectations from PIAA and the previously noted expectations of the district are not followed, families will be asked not to attend games at Upper Moreland Middle School or High School. This outcome may extend beyond one sports or activity season within the 2021-22 school year.
If there are any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Sean Feeley, Director of Activities and Athletics 6-12 at SFeeley@umtsd.org.
Thank you for your continued support.