• SEAL   2020-2021 Bear
    Kindergarten Registration Information
    Your child must be five (5) years old on or before September 1, 2020 to be eligible for Kindergarten.  No exceptions!


    If you have not competed the Student Demographic Form for Kindergarten Entry,
    please do so first at this link: 

    Once completed, you will receive a phone call from the registrar's office to complete your registration. 

     Registration Requirements
    You will need to provide (3) Proof of Residency Documents to as your Proof of Residency in Upper Moreland Township: 
    1. One (1) Proof of Residence document must be one of the following:
                        ~  Property Deed, Mortgage Statement or current lease* agreement.

    * Your lease must be current and all occupants must be named on the lease. If you have a month to month lease, and/or your children are not listed, ask your landlord for a lease addendum naming all the occupants and stating that you are still currently living at the address.  (In addition to the landlord letter, you also need to send those pages of your lease that contain the required information) 
    2.  In addition, you must present TWO (2) other documents of the following
    current Utility Bill, Internal Revenue Statement, current Bank Statement, a pay statement (stub) or current Insurance documents bearing the address on the Property Deed, Mortgage Statement or current Lease.
    If you are living with another family in Upper Moreland School District you will need take the following steps, in red.
    If this does not apply to you, advance to number 3 on the required documents.
    • If the parent/guardian is not the owner of the resident home, download a Multiple Occupancy Form  to be completed and notarized.  Proof of Residency for Registration for Multiple Occupancy is the homeowner's mortgage or deed  and one (1) other homeowner's Proof of Residency document, e.g., utility bill, pay stub, bank statement, etc. 
    • Parent/Guardian of student must present one Proof of Residence current document as their proof of living in the township at the home where you are living

    **If you are living with another family in an apartment but are not named as the person who is leasing the apartment, the requirement is to have the landlord add your name and your children as occupants on the lease. 

    3. Birth Certificate of Student or Baptismal Certificate or Passport
    4.  Current Immunization Records from your child's Physician.
    •  New students should also have evidence of a physical examination. We understand that many of these physicals are performed throughout the year, so the most recent physical report will be accepted with the understanding it cannot be more than 1 year old.
    • Physical Examination Form - (the physical is NOT due at the time of registration - the physical is due before the first day of school.  However, you must have a copy of your child's current immunization record to be considered enrolled for September.)
    • Dental Examination Form (the dental exam form is NOT due at the time of registration - the dental form is due before the first day of school.  However, you must have a copy of your child's current immunization record to be considered enrolled for September.)

    Physician Signed Medical Exempt Form

    5. Report Card and IEP (if applicable)

    6. Driver's License/Passport/Photo ID - This is NOT a requirement, this is to use as means of security to identify parents when they come to the school to gain entrance. We use this identification to match the parents with the students on the birth certificate.
    Questions? Contact Debbie Kuehnle at UMRegistration@umtsd.org or 215-830-1514
    * Important Change in Definition of “Compulsory School Age”
    Effective in 2020-2021, all children from the age of six (6) through the age of eighteen (18) must comply with compulsory school attendance requirements. To meet these requirements, parents must ensure that their child between the ages of 6 and 18 is attending or participating in one of the following: a public elementary, middle, or high school; a public charter or cyber-charter school; a private licensed academic or private religious school; home tutoring by a certified teacher; or an approved program of homeschooling. Children may be excused from compulsory attendance for documented medical or other compelling reasons as outlined in District attendance policy and procedures.