• SEAL   2020-2021 Bear
    New Student - Grades 1 to 12 Registration Information

    If you have a child(ren) already enrolled in Upper Moreland School District, they will automatically be enrolled into their next grade - this registration is for students who are new to the district.

       Upper Moreland Township School District Enrollment Requirements:
     Please read entire page.

    Because of the COVID-19 restrictions, we are asking parents to register new students on-line and submit the required documents via email or fax (215) 659-3421.
    First, please enter your student's demographic information on this form then return to this page to complete the registration process:

    Registration Requirements
    You will need to provide (3) Proof of Residency Documents to as your Proof of Residency in Upper Moreland Township:
    1. One (1) Proof of Residence document must be one of the following:
                        ~  Property Deed, Mortgage Statement or current lease* agreement. 
    * Your lease must be current and all occupants must be named on the lease. If you have a month to month lease, and/or your children are not listed, ask your landlord for a lease addendum naming all the occupants and stating that you are still currently living at the address.  (In addition to the landlord letter, you also need to send those pages of your lease that contain the required information) 
    2. In addition, you must present TWO (2) other documents of the following
    current Utility Bill, Internal Revenue Statement, current Bank Statement, a pay statement (stub) or current Insurance documents bearing the address on the Property Deed, Mortgage Statement or current Lease.
    If you are living with another family in Upper Moreland School District you will need take the following steps, in red.
    If this does not apply to you, advance to number 3 on the required documents.
    • If the parent/guardian is  not  the owner of the resident home, download a Multiple Occupancy Form  to be completed and notarized.  Proof of Residency for Registration will be the homeowner's mortgage or deed  and one (1) other owner Proof of Residency document, e.g., utility bill, pay stub, bank statement, etc.  AND 
    • Parent/Guardian of student must present one Proof of Residence current document as their proof of living in the township at the home where you are living

    **If you are living with another family in an apartment but are not named as the person who is leasing the apartment - the requirement is to have the landlord name you and your children as occupants on the lease.

    3. Birth Certificate of Student or Baptismal Certificate or Passport
    4.  Current Immunization Records from your child's Physician.
    •  New students should also have evidence of a physical examination. We understand that many of these physicals are performed throughout the year, so the most recent physical report will be accepted with the understanding it cannot be more than 1 year old.
    • Physical Examination Form - (the physical is NOT due at the time of registration - the physical is due before the first day of school.  However, you must have a copy of your child's current immunization record to be considered enrolled for September.)
    • Dental Examination Form (the dental exam form is NOT due at the time of registration - the dental form is due before the first day of school.  However, you must have a copy of your child's current immunization record to be considered enrolled for September.)

    Physician Signed Medical Exempt Form

    5. Report Card/Transcript - this information is necessary to place your child correctly. If you do not provide it, we can not move forward with scheduling. Please ask for it from your child's former school or print the grades from your child's former school's online parent portal.

    6. IEP if applicable - necessary documents to place your child correctly.
    7. Upper Moreland Registration Forms - please complete, save with your child's name(s), then send as attachments. 
    8. Driver's License/Passport/Photo ID - This is NOT a requirement, this is to use as means of security to identify parents when they come to the school to gain entrance. We use this identification to match the parents with the students on the birth certificate,

    Once you have your required documents and have all the Registration Packet Forms completed,
    you can email them to our Registrar, Lynn Trotter, to get your child(ren) registered. Please label your documents clearly with your child's name to enable a fluid registration process.

    Questions? Contact Lynn Trotter at UMRegistration@umtsd.org
    If you fax your documents, please use a cover page that includes your child's name, your contact information, how many pages are sent and include the cover page in that number.
    Fax # 215-659-3421
    * Important Change in Definition of “Compulsory School Age”
    Effective in 2020-2021, all children from the age of six (6) through the age of eighteen (18) must comply with compulsory school attendance requirements. To meet these requirements, parents must ensure that their child between the ages of 6 and 18 is attending or participating in one of the following: a public elementary, middle, or high school; a public charter or cyber-charter school; a private licensed academic or private religious school; home tutoring by a certified teacher; or an approved program of homeschooling. Children may be excused from compulsory attendance for documented medical or other compelling reasons as outlined in District attendance policy and procedures.