New Student - Grades K to 12 Registration InformationIs your child going to be a Kindergarten Student for the 20-21 School Year?If you answer yes to this question,See below for registration information for the 19-20 school year.Your child must be five (5) years old on or before September 1, 2019 to be eligible for Kindergarten. No exceptions!If you have a child(ren) already enrolled in Upper Moreland School District, they will automatically be enrolled into their next grade - this registration is for students who are new to the district.
Upper Moreland Township School District Enrollment Requirements:Please read entire page.
You will need to provide (3) Proof of Residency Documents to as your Proof of Residency in Upper Moreland Township:1. One (1) Proof of Residence document must be one of the following:
~ Property Deed, Mortgage Statement or current lease* agreement.
* Your lease must be current and all occupants must be named on the lease. If you have a month to month lease, and/or your children are not listed, ask your landlord for a lease addendum naming the occupants and stating that you are still currently living at the address.2. In addition you must present TWO (2) other documents of the following: current Utility Bill, Internal Revenue Statement, current Bank Statement, a pay statement (stub) or current Insurance documents bearing the address on the Property Deed, Mortgage Statement or current Lease.If you are living with another family in Upper Moreland School District you will need take the following steps, in red.If this does not apply to you, advance to number 3 on the required documents.
- If the parent/guardian is not the owner or lessee of the residence, download a Multiple Occupancy Form to be completed and notarized. Proof of Residency for Registration will be either the homeowner's mortgage or the named lessee's current lease* and one (1) other Proof of Residency document, e.g., utility bill, pay stub, bank statement, etc.
- Parent/Guardian of student must present one Proof of Residence current document as their proof of living in the township. If you have any questions regarding this matter, please contact the Student Services office at (215) 830-1515.
*The Lease must have all occupants living in the property named on the lease.3. Birth Certificate of Student or Baptismal Certificate or Passport4. Current Immunization Records from your child's Physician.
- New students should also have evidence of a physical examination. We understand that many of these physicals are performed throughout the year, so the most recent physical report will be accepted with the understanding it cannot be more than 1 year old.
- Physical Examination Form - (the physical is NOT due at the time of registration - but evidence of a physical is due before the first day of the next school year.
- Dental Examination Form (the dental exam form is NOT due at the time of registration - the dental form is due before the first day of the next school year.)
5. Report Card and IEP (if applicable)6. Registration Forms
In addition to items 1-5 listed above, you will also need to download and complete the Registration Packet found above at #6.
Once you have your required documents and have all the Registration Packet Forms completed,
you can email them to our Registrar, Lynn Trotter, to get your child(ren) registered.Questions? Contact Lynn Trotter at firstname.lastname@example.org* Important Change in Definition of “Compulsory School Age”
Effective in 2020-2021, all children from the age of six (6) through the age of eighteen (18) must comply with compulsory school attendance requirements. To meet these requirements, parents must ensure that their child between the ages of 6 and 18 is attending or participating in one of the following: a public elementary, middle, or high school; a public charter or cyber-charter school; a private licensed academic or private religious school; home tutoring by a certified teacher; or an approved program of homeschooling. Children may be excused from compulsory attendance for documented medical or other compelling reasons as outlined in District attendance policy and procedures.