Procedures for Posting Signs for Advertising
All signs must be pre-approved by the Facilities Department
Signs may be no bigger than 18 X 24 and should be on wire frames/posts
Signs may only be placed in the following designated location for each school building:
- Upper Moreland High School – the center island of Bear Boulevard
- Upper Moreland Middle School – the left side of the Middle School entrance or the right side within ten feet of driveway.
- No signs may be placed at the Elementary Center driveway, main entrances or exit driveways.
Any signs posted in any other location on school district property will be removed and destroyed.
Upper Moreland Sports Clubs; Upper Moreland Student Activity Groups; and other groups that are holding an event to raise money for the Upper Moreland School District, may request to place signs in the designated locations up to one week in advance of the advertised event at no cost. The signs must be removed the day after the advertised event. Failure to remove the sign(s) in a timely fashion will result in the sign(s) being removed by school district personnel and disposed of.
Upper Moreland Non-Profit Youth Organizations encouraging participation in sports or the arts may, with prior approval, place a sign in the designated locations for two weeks in advance of their registration date at no cost. The department will provide you with the date of removal. Signs must be removed the day after the last advertised registration date.
Election Day signs may be placed in the designated locations on Election Day only at no cost and must be removed the same day when the polls close. Failure to do so will result in the signs being removed by school district personnel and disposed of.
Organizations that are renting school district facilities and would like to place signs in the designated locations on school district property advertising their event, may apply to have their sign(s) displayed for one week in advance of their event at a cost of $50.00 per sign.
Organizations that are renting school district facilities and would like to place signs in the designated location on school district property for the day of their event only, may do so at no additional cost.
The following guidelines apply to all organizations wishing to display signs on school district property:
- Signs must be pre-approved by the Facilities department. The department will provide you with the date of removal.
- Signs must be placed in the designated locations listed only.
- Signs may not exceed 18 X 24 and must be on wire frames/posts.
- Payment must be received in advance of placing signs for those groups being charged.
- Signs may be placed no more than one week in advance of the advertised event.
- Signs must be maintained by the organization. The District is not responsible for damage to the signs.
- Signs must be removed no later than one day after the event or they will be removed by school district personnel and destroyed.
THE SCHOOL DISTRICT OF UPPER MORELAND TOWNSHIP WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MAINTENANCE OF, DAMAGE TO, OR SAFE RETURN OF ANY SIGNS PLACED ON SCHOOL DISTRICT PROPERTY.